Sunday, April 17, 2011

I left a message



I left a message
“when talking isn’t really communicating”


Clearing my throat to capture Assurance by the neck
and strangle the shit out of it…

I have to put my .ALL. in this message
and
Some how prove points
That
Make sense only in the bubble that I live in

feeling dramatic
in rare court room fashion
fashioning
truth to
my saber tooth tactics of,

Having to speak with uninhibited passion…

Looking in the mirror practicing
Capturing
Facial posturing
As if rebuttals
Were being slung
And my
Hypnotic techniques
Placed pleasures
On my tongue
To be paraded in your face

I AM THAT DUDE!

Here goes…
*Ring, Ring, Ring*

“I’m not available right now, ESPECIALLY NOT FOR CHRIS
Leave a message after the beep. Everyone, except  CHRIS!”

Feeling like she got the drop on me
Losing every ounce of what made me cocky
I could now only utter the words

“Baby, I’m sorry… I must have been outside of my mind.”


(c) Chris Styles / Slow Sippin' 2009

3 comments:

  1. awwww....I've read everything on your blog Mr. Styles, I see you haven't lost your touch.. The last line did it for me. Niicce. ;-)
    1Lv
    Kiyoko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dammit! Sitting here crying behind this. Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, how we have to prepare ourselves mentally to say certain things...and BAM!!! The one thing you least expected...throws you right off your game! Love it...

    ReplyDelete