Sunday, April 17, 2011

I'm a Mess



For real

Words touch
And turn with enough torque
To twist my conscious into
A
Dis. Formed
Figure of
Former sense making reality

Really

She held the keys
Meaning
She could abruptly
Walk into me
And
My locks have been the same for years

No changes

There’s been hurt and anger building
Like communal blocks
And still...
Here Ms. Lady
Here are the keys

..controlled
Emotions lacked the…
Space to grow
I was making room
I’ll admit
The pace was slow
But
My emotional packages are heavy…

…Bare with me please.

I’m not posing  when standing still
Ice grill and all
Like, for real
I’m reflecting on my life
You can see it on my face
This shit is ill..

But still..

I picked a corner
In my space
To cultivate us
And
At times it gets cramped
That’s because we’re pushing past bullshit
The same shit that you walked past
When you came in..

I’m filled with portions of sin
Less the portions that
Actually hold weight
And
Make your hair stand on end

I, need you..
I need you to pardon the mess,
These boxes are on their way out.


(c) Chris Styles / Pieces of a Man 2011


1 comment:

  1. i love this one..the realities of establishing relationships, dating, & sharing personal space {intimacy}. very relatable mr.styles.

    ReplyDelete