Monday, April 18, 2011

9 MONTH WAIT


Calming you via
Wiping your eyebrow
Looking deep into your eyes
Like
Baby, what now?

I carried the weight
of a nine month wait
minus labor pains
never missing prenatal dates
longing for our big day

This Is
The sound of
Elated me post dated
The only expiration date
.
Comes with the last push
.
The last revelation of
Mans greatest feat

You being able to truly
Replicate me

Boxing out the right now
Because
Right now
I feel closer to you
Than I ever have

Even when
I passed out
and woke up in the hospital

Lost my step mom
Losing my mind
Sipping wine on the vestibule

You save the pieces
I thought to be
Unsalvageable
Corrected visions
Of
Life’s just a fucked up interview
With a browbeating God
Making rules to mock the weak
Had me losing sleep
Like
If I keep fucking around
God won’t love me

Those Silly things

Then you
Produced little me
An all inclusive
WE

Speculating on the future
Crying through labor
Reading lips through pants
Responding with anxious rants

BABY… I’m Right here!

Losing myself in moments
of doctor appointments
Sonograms of an immature fetus
Thinking
You can’t beat this

She… Is a better me
I
Think of the Luxury of
What I have
And
Where we’re going

Mr. Styles

It’s a Boy

8 pounds

6 ounces
.
.
.
7:20 Wednesday morning

2 comments:

  1. This invited me to a higher thinkn of u.....u aren't just good looks u actually have talent... Rare love it stylus!

    ReplyDelete