Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hand Written


Collaboration By: Allison “Essence M” Edwards  & Chris Styles



Allison

I remember the first night I realized you weren't next to me.
I had to get up and look for you.
I found you under my sheets,
placed you gingerly in my hand
and utilized you with what passion I had within me.
I loved and still do love how you feel in my hands.
Your gentle yet so rough edges brush my fingertips
and I get aroused knowing that something exciting
will form from our interaction.
I place my hand on top and feel how smooth you are.
I feel the intimate places where I've inked my signature upon your canvas.
Never once did I think I'd leave my mark on you
but I did and I have proving to all that you are mine and I am yours.
Pieces of me intertwine within your open spirit
leaving me breathless and in tears.
You accept me totally
flaws and all as I notice the sharp lines I've left.
There are no mistakes,
only new beginnings and with each passing day I fall deeper in love with you.
You are truly my muse and I breathe because of you.

Chris


I remember our first embrace
My fingers traced your back like,
A blind man trying to find his way
drawing mental pictures, imagining your features
from the curvatures of your face

See, I was..
..displaced in empty mental
Yet, we were still able to communicate
It was the flexibility of the conversations
That enabled me to truly be free
I could,
Spit that curb dialect without it being viewed
As hood rhetoric exposing the roots within me

And

For that I love you..

You listened to me when
my devotion switched lanes
chasing dreams in lace and high heels
raising concern about, what it is I really feel
allowing me to hit guard rails and fish tail
ok.. ok - I was out of control for real..
but
these stories were kept between the margins
I smudged the ink a little boosting the authenticity
Since shit is now dispensed via Tweets and other forms of Social Media

I still fucks with you
It doesn’t matter how you’re viewed
Be it in pixel format or on leaves of paper
You still birth my thoughts in the likeness of beautiful you

…Poetry




No comments:

Post a Comment