Saturday, April 23, 2011

In love with the New-ness of it all --- My Opinion




When I think about it, I think that I fall for the reaction that I get from a sarcastic comment. That’s not to say that the style of dress and straight teeth don’t come into play… They  absolutely do! lol.. I’m talking about the first of many ‘first’ and the eager anticipation that we have for yet another, well, first. Let’s take it a step further, Let’s talk about the first encounter and the first time that you caught yourself wandering into an involuntary thought about that person and it forced an untimed smile. Remember that?  That thought was provoked by a back and forth debate about opened toed shoes and when they’re in season, or something nonsensical like that. I know for sure that would have been my topic of choice…lol. These first are pieces of history that’s being created in the moment. These moments come from plans that were sketched out in our minds and played in reverse because we ALL know it never happens the way that we want it to.

Relationships that last beyond the ‘first’ are to be treasured. So often, I find that the ‘first’ are just a camouflage for the true lack of effort or over dressed products of relationship gamesmanship. A quick for instance, you meet your mate in the club, She has on $500.00 shoes $1000.00 bag, we won’t address the outfit because I’m finding that more often women will bargain hunt for that. Getting back to my point, the outfit is a trap. It wasn’t put together to look good, it’s to promote a false status. This is to boost the king of ‘first’. The first impression! Ladies, don’t take it the wrong way, guys front hard-body too! I just can’t expose all of the secrets, I’m a guy..lol.
Getting back to my original thought.. when we reflect on past relationships, we often reflect on the first time we saw a movie together, first time we woke up together, spent the night.. in some cases the first time we got caught seeking the FIRST feeling again (cheating) lol…

The gist of  it is.. First are like orgasms, we love to have them. Making them 'last' (such irony) is the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment